Request for Articles and Series wanted for the Pneuma Review
Have something to say on one of these subjects? Write to the Pneuma Foundation for more information about contributing articles for publication.
Articles/Subjects Currently Being Solicited
- What is cross-cultural mission? There are many questions that need to asked today about how to tell the story of Jesus in the diverse cultures of the world. Please send a proposal for your paper on this subject to the editorial committee for consideration.
- The Tabernacle: many classical Pentecostals have long been known as Bible teachers that have contributed to study of the Tabernacle of God and its message for believers today.
- Paraclete as Planner: What is the Holy Spirit's role in helping us plan for the future? Article should examine the correlation between planning and organization among God's people and God's will being accomplished in Biblical history. If there is a correlation, what are the implications for the modern Church?
- Pastoral Counseling series
- "Is the 'Five-Fold' Ministry Biblical?" Article needs to address the debate about office gifts.
- Every Member Ministry: the empowerment of the Spirit means that every member of the local congregation is a minister of the gospel
- "What is the Best Bible translation?" Article needs to address the KJV-only debate.
- "Is it Worth Separating Over?" What fundamental truths are necessary for biblical unity in the Spirit?
- Deliverance and the Christian: article needs to explain the debate about whether Christians can/cannot be demonized
- Why Prophetic Utterances are Not Equivalent to Scripture: A Pentecostal/charismatic look at the doctrine of inerrancy and the canon of Scripture * Edgar R. Lee's article "Pentecostals and Subordinate Revelation" (which appeared in the Spring 2003 issue of The Pneuma Review) introduces a solid answer, but more can be said on this important topic.
- "Applying Prophetic Utterances: Pastoral Administration of the Gift of Prophecy" Emphasizing the importance of the operation of the gift in the local church and how we are not to live our lives by what someone else has said to us on behalf of God (because they might be wrong)
- "What's So Important About Having a Home Church?" The importance and benefits of belonging to a local body of believers and what should keep us together.
- "Are all dispensationalists cessationists?" The difference between classical Pentecostal eschatology and cessationists' eschatology. This article will need to present a broad overview of different end-times teachings and define many terms.
- "The difference between Old and New Testament prophetic utterance" False prophets were to be stoned under the Mosaic law. What is different about the Spirit being poured out upon all flesh?
- "Acts 2: Xenoglossalia?" An answer to Zerhusen's diglossia argument.
- "Interpretation of Tongues in 1 Corinthians 14" An answer for Zerhusen and other cessationistic arguments against glossalalia.
- Providing an answer for the "temporary gifts" argument used by cessationists against the charismata. See an example of this reasoning here.
Note: Titles are merely suggestions.
Have an idea for an article not here?
All submissions remain the property of the author. Authors submitting articles for consideration grant the Pneuma Foundation permission to edit, abstract, and publish any portion of the article in any of the Pneuma Foundation's publications. Write to the Pneuma Review Editor with any questions about rights and permissions.
Pneuma Review Editor
with your idea or a copy of your already written paper.